Abbey Games is looking for an Engine/Tools programmer to join the team. You will be working on creating and maintaining several development tools (like a particle editor), development of our engine and additionally porting our technology to different platforms when the need arises. Initially you will be working together with our Technical Director on several of these projects but in the long run you will be spearheading projects yourself.
Join us in supporting the creation of unique strategy and management games with the distinct Abbey Games sense of style.
- extend and enrich our vision on content- and game-creation.
- implement new, and support existing, features in all our supporting technology.
- work with other developers to better understand their needs and incorporate that in our tech.
- frequently communicate with your colleagues on ideas and implementation.
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills and a passion for quality code.
- You are comfortable working within a large existing codebase.
- You have a creative and technical vision for tool development.
- You have a self-reliant, disciplined and helpful attitude.
- You are able to easily communicate your ideas and designs.
- Great English verbal skills.
- Good English writing skills
The following things are considered an advantage:
- You have previous experience in the field of engine and/or tool development.
- You have experience with GUI related technologies, especially Qt.
- You have a good understanding of Lua.
- Great Dutch verbal skills
What we offer:
- A unique learning experience, initially working with our Technical Director.
- A chance to grow within an established Dutch game studio.
- Start as soon as possible
If you would like to join our team, please apply with motivation, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.