What information do we collect?
When you send us a crash report generated by AbbeyCore, we collect the following information:
- Crash minidump file (dumps/*.dmp) which contains technical information about exception in the Software (processor information, operating system version, process and thread information, stack traces for each thread, the list of loaded modules).
- Basic crash description containing the basic information about the crash (uptime of the application, software version). You may be asked to enter your email and a short description about the problem, this will also be included in the crash description.
- An application log file (abbeycore.txt) which tells us what happened during your play-through. This helps us identify events that may have eventually caused a crash.
- Optionally an internal crash description. This contains information about the whether the crash occurred in the scripting system and if so where, or it may include additional text generated by the engine describing the reasons of the crash.
- Optionally a screenshot of the contents of the main window. This information helps us see where, when during the game, and how the error may have occurred. The image only contains the contents of the main window and does not contain the contents of other applications running on your computer.
What do we use your information for?
To improve the application and our engine: we continually strive to improve all our software based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Taking the time to submit this crash report will help us achieve that goal.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.